Harvest Ridge Ranch Rules
1. While you are welcome to explore the grounds of our working ranch, for biosecurity and animal welfare reasons, please do not enter any of the gated areas and work areas including the barn, chicken coop, pastures and orchard. The garage and pool equipment area are also off limits; do not tamper with the pool equipment.
2. Our animals are very friendly. Do not chase, harrass, torment or threaten any ranch animals at any time. If you are fearful of chickens, poultry or goats, please consider staying at a different property.
3. Young children must be supervised at all times and are not allowed to roam the ranch without an adult present.
4. One dozen complimentary pastured eggs are waiting for you in the fridge. Additional fresh eggs are available for purchase at $8 per dozen. Do not enter the chicken coop to collect any eggs. You may ask the caretaker to purchase more eggs at any time.
5. You are welcome to feed the chickens your organic non-processed/non-meat food scraps.
6. If you’d like to interact with the goats and/or chickens, feeding time is in the early evening about 1-2 hours before sundown. If the goats are up for it, you may brush and pet the goats as well. Please check with the caretaker.
7. You are welcome to pet the animals through the fence but keep in mind that they may want to nibble on your fingers. Photos of the animals are always welcome.
8. There is a guests’ organic garden behind the kitchen that you are welcome to help yourself to. Currently there may be: tomatoes, zucchini, green onion, peppers. Please harvest just what you need with a knife and do not kill or pull up the plant when harvesting. Please keep the “gate” to the garden closed to keep the chickens out or they will destroy the garden.
Keep doors closed to help us keep bugs and critters out of the house. Small insect traps have been left out around the house to catch the few that wander in.
Before going to bed, ensure that all windows are closed to drown out the rooster crows in the morning .. unless you like to be woken very early.
Enjoy your stay!